The new 2021-22 season begins on Wednesday 15th September at 7.30pm with a welcome and introduction by club member Jeff Bagnall, who will be hosting the evening and giving a talk on his 1/52 photography challenge.
Jeff will briefly preview the new programme and explain how things will be working this season as we try to gradually get back to a kind of normality at the club (see below for further information). After this he will give his talk and share images from his recent photography challenge, discussing the images, the locations and the techniques he has used. It is intended that the talk will be informative, hopefully good humoured and might encourage others to think about a photographic challenge.
After much discussion in respect to the current Covid situation, the committee have decided to hold all meetings via Zoom but with two ways to participate. Members and guests can either stay in the comfort of their own home and join in via Zoom – an email link to the Zoom meeting will be sent out to all members and registered guests each week. Or members and guests can meet up in person at Castle Street Community Centre, where a screen and speakers will project the Zoom meeting. This gives those members happy to mingle in person a chance to meet up, but also allows those members who are more cautious to safely join in.
Members and guests wishing to attend in person please note the following, which include terms and conditions imposed by the Community Centre:
- Spaces are limited by the Centre to 12 in the room we use. Anyone wishing to attend in person MUST REGISTER beforehand. Spaces will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis – please see the email sent by Club Secretary Maureen for more information or contact us.
- Attendees need to bring their own refreshments.
- Attendees need to bring £1 with them to cover the cost of the room hire (note: no change will be available).
- Sanitizer will be provided by the Centre.
- The Centre NHS QR code will be available for scanning on a mobile phone.
- Windows will be open for ventilation.
- Members are asked to observe social distancing and to wear a mask when using toilets and corridors for the safety of others using the Centre.
- Some cleaning of surfaces and equipment will need to be carried out before leaving and we ask all attendees help with this.
- Please do not attend if you or anyone in your household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 48 hours.
Due to restrictions at the Centre meetings won’t be fully back to normal this season, not least in terms of having to restrict numbers, but we hope this compromise works for all club members – please bare with us while we navigate the constantly changing coronavirus situation.
Looking forward to seeing members old and new on Wednesday! 😊